Below is a little recipe we came up with and yes they tasted divine.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
You Will Need:
1 cup of Toned Coconut & Vanilla Protein Powder, (plus 2 extra tablespoons instead of sugar)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup soy milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large egg
1 tablespoon olive oil (for the pan)
What To Do
- Optional: Preheat oven to 200 degrees C; have a baking sheet covered tray ready to put cooked pancakes onto and shove into the oven to keep them warm whilst you cook the others.
- In a small bowl, whisk together protein powder, baking powder, and salt; then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, butter (or oil), and egg. Add the dry ingredients to milk mixture and whisk until just moistened (do not over mix; a few small lumps are just dandy).
- Place a large non-stick pan on a medium heat and thinly coat in oil.
- For each pancake, spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter onto the pan, using the back of the spoon to spread the batter out. You don't want to make the pancake mixture too big as they will merge together (school boy error, lesson learnt!)
- Cook for 1 to 2 minuets until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst. Flip carefully with a thin spatula and cook until golden brown on the underside for a further 1 to 2 minuets.
- Once both sides are a delightful golden colour transfer onto a baking sheet or platter; cover loosely with aluminium foil, and keep warm in oven. Continue with more oil and use up the remaining batter (You'll probably end up with 12 to 15 pancakes - enough to feed a small army!).