IMATS

This week, by chance, I found online that IMATS (International Make-Up Artist Trade Show) was in town for the weekend so I jumped at the chance to get myself a ticket and take myself along.  They hold the event in London, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto and Vancouver.  I thought I got there early enough at 10.30am but once I got inside there were gaggles of girls everywhere trying to get their hands on top products at a cheaper price.  Exhibitors such as MAC, Illamasqua, Inglot and Napoleon Perdis were there showing their ranges, even products that hadn't hit the shops yet.

I went there with one item in mind.  The Make-Up Forever HD Foundation.  I have heard so much hype about this product that when I was they had a stall there I had to get my hands on it.  To my disappointment the crowd around the stall was insane, with girls pushing and shoving trying to make purchases.  I went for a mingle around thinking if I go back in about ten minutes the crowd would have subsided, but I couldn't have been more wrong.
In the end I wasn't able to get the foundation but at least I now know what colour I am so I can make the purchase online.  As well as the stalls there were also make-up artists and students taking part in shows, talking about their work.
All in all it was a great event and I know that if I do go again next year to arrive earlier than mid morning in order to get the pieces I desire.  I purchased in the end a cute Mini Kabuki brush (which is so so soft), Smashbox Tinted Moisturiser, Brush cleaner and some disposable mascara wands.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...